Do you ship your puppies?
ShoalCreek Puppies ships all their puppies by air through Ozark Jet-a-Pet a pet courier service. Ozark Jet A Pet is a family-owned pet courier service that takes pride in providing our customers with the most up-to-date services and state-of-the-art transportation equipment available while delivering the friendly, helpful service our customers deserve. They offer safe and reliable pet transportation year-round, with over ten years of experience in pet shipping. Our customers are always impressed with how well Ozark Jet-a-Pet takes care of their pets when they arrive at their nearest airport. Click here to see available shipping destinations.
These puppies must also have:
- A health certificate provided by our vet to travel
- Airline approved travel crate with a clip-on food and water dish
- The flight made to travel during a safe temperature
We will provide all of this for you. The normal cost of shipping a puppy is $450. This, of course, depends on where the puppy is going.
How much do the puppies cost?
Check out our Pricing page to see ShoalCreek Goldendoodle prices.
What if I can’t pick up my puppy on “Puppy Pick Day”? (For customers on the waitlist)
If you are unable to pick your puppy up on puppy pick day, you will still be required to pick which puppy will be yours remotely through pictures or video chat. Many of our families have done this and are happy with their puppies. We give you as much information about all the puppies sizes, disposition, temperament, and personalities as possible, and allow you to choose.
What will my puppy come with?
- Their dew claws removed (Three days of age)
- Dewormed at Week 2,4,6 and three days before going home
- All age-appropriate vaccinations
- A COMPLETE examination performed by our vet and their contact information
- 2 yr. Genetic Guarantee
- 3 generation pedigree will be provided after spay/neuter documentation has been sent to us.
- Started on a healthy diet of Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Small/Medium Breed Chicken and Rice Formula
- Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) and Advanced Puppy Socialization
- 75% potty trained. 100% Potty trained through a doggy door.
- Our commitment that we will be here to answer any questions for the lifetime of your puppy!
- A Lifetime of Love, Laughter, Licks, and Loyalty!
Where are you located?
We live in a farmhouse on 200 secluded acres with lots of room for our babies to run and play in the Wheaton, Missouri area. Wheaton sits on the Southwest corner of Missouri in Barry County. We are approximately one hour from Springfield, Branson, Joplin, and Northwest Arkansas.
Do you allow visitors?
Of course, we welcome visitors, which quickly become friends to all of us at ShoalCreek! You are always welcome in our home. However, it’s not always possible to visit with our puppies. We are very strict as to when we allow others to see and hold our babies based on when they have had their vaccinations. It is our ultimate goal to raise healthy, happy puppies and to do this; we must make sure that no foreign bacteria is carried into their facilities before they have their complete immunities! Believe me; it is as hard for us as it is for you! We are always anxious to “SHOW OFF” our beautiful babies, but we have to remember what’s best for everyone! We want you to get your perfect puppy! We do ask that you call first and make an appointment so we can make sure we have plenty of time to spend answering your questions and making you feel at home. We allow visitors Friday – Saturday with an appointment.
What is the process to get a puppy?
- Step 1: Fill out our Puppy Application
- Step 2: Shoal Creek Family member, Esther or Suzy, will call you and visit with you about your puppy preferences.
- Steps 3: Once you have talked to a ShoalCreek family member and have been approved, ShoalCreek will send you a waiting list contract.
- Step 3: Once the contract is signed and returned, a $500 deposit can be placed through Paypal, Venmo, or Credit Card to get on our waiting list.
- Step 4: You are now on the waiting list for your puppy! Congrats! Now you can relax. It will be quiet on our end until the puppies are born. Once the puppies are born you will be notified!
- Step 5: Five to six weeks from the time the puppy is born they will be seen by the vet so that we know if there is anything we need to disclose prior to the picking process.
- Step 6: We will post the litter and individual puppy pictures after the vet visit to the website and notify those in the litter that puppy pictures have been posted. Pictures of the puppies are posted when they are approx. 6 weeks old.
- Step 7: You will choose your puppy in the order your deposit is placed, therefore, we will call everyone on the list to pick their puppy in that order. You can pick your puppy from pics on the website or from a scheduled FaceTime.
- Step 8: You will schedule a time to pick up your puppy. The puppy cannot leave until it is exactly 8 weeks old. We allow people to pick up their puppy on either a Monday, Friday, or Saturday. We will put the pickup date on the litter page. We encourage everyone to pick up on puppy pick up day to allow for littermates families to meet each other and for everyone to ask questions that others may not have thought of.
- Step 9: Time to enjoy your puppy! It will be a transition for your puppy so if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or text us. We are here for you for the life of this puppy and we want you to be successful with your puppy!
- Step 10: After you pick up your puppy please tag us or share pictures with us either via text, Facebook, or Instagram!
What is the difference between an F1/F1b?
F1, F1b, Multigen, F2…All of it can get confusing. We breed Mini and Standard F1/F1bs. An F1 means 50% Poodle and 50% Retriever. An F1 has a wavier coat and has a blockier look. The F1b is curlier, therefore, they are more hypoallergenic, if you have allergies the F1b is the way to go. As far as breeding goes, the F1b is created from breeding an F1 Goldendoodle to a Poodle.
Can I see pictures of what an F1/ F1b looks like at maturity?
Yes! Our Instagram @shoalcreekdoods is the place to go to see OUR doodles from past litters. Click here to see past F1 and F1b puppies! Instagram is also a great place to connect with puppies from the same litter!
What will I need for my new puppy?
Over the years, we have tried many, many products and have spent hours extensively researching many of the products on the market today and with that experience and knowledge, we’ve compiled a list of puppy products and brands that we feel are deserving of your investment.
This is a list of recommended puppy products and brands that are, in our professional opinion, tried and true. We hope this will help our new families navigate the process of raising a healthy, happy puppy.
- Food We’re currently feeding Nutri-Source Small and Medium Puppy food. We love this food and recommend that you feed one full bag of Nutri-Source until the bag is gone. This will help with the transitioning process. Then we recommend that you switch to Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Small/Medium Breed Chicken and Rice Formula.
- Food and Water Bowls
- An old towel For traveling.
- Paper towels and baby wipes
- Chew Toys We prefer Kong’s or West Paw Zogoflex Dog Toys– Please NO rawhides
- A small-sized squeaker toy
- Moisturizing Puppy Shampoo and Conditioner
- Pinbrush or FURminator
- A Lifestages Crate. Be sure to get the divider so the crate can grow with your puppy.
- A Leash and Collar . We recommend at least an 8″-12″ expandable collar; you will need a lightweight 6′ nylon leash until the puppy gets bigger. Although your puppy may not love the leash, to begin with, it’s a good idea to start early. We do NOT recommend retractable leashes for both puppy’s safety and yours!
- Harness Distributes the weight of the puppy, so you are not pulling it from the throat with a leash.
- Potty Bells
Do you have a guarantee on your puppies?
Yes, we do have a guarantee on our puppies for genetics. The details are spelled out in our contract which you will be issued upon placing your deposit.
Are your parents genetically tested?
Yes, our parents have been OFA/Pinhip, and PawPrint genetically tested. To learn about each of these tests click the name of the genetic test above.
Will they shed?
Goldendoodles range in shedding from minimal to no shedding. F1’s will have minimal shedding, but not enough to notice. F1b’s and F2’s have no shedding.
My Child/I have allergies. What kind of coat will work for us?
If you or a loved one has allergies the Goldendoodle breed is the perfect breed for you! As you have probably read on several sites the curliness of the hair coat is key. People with allergies should look for a puppy with a curlier coat. These coats are generally found with an F1b or an F2 (Multi-gen).
What do you do with the puppies that don’t sell?
At ShoalCreek all of our puppies find loving FURever homes! We believe that each of our puppies has a purpose which is why donate select puppies to a PTSD veteran program in upper state New York.
Am I required to spay and neuter our puppy?
Yes, we do require your puppy to be spayed and neutered. The details are spelled out in our contract which you will be issued upon placing your deposit.
What’s your return policy if I can no longer keep my puppy?
We recommend that everyone take into consideration the work of a puppy and the lifelong commitment it takes to raise one. However, we also know that situations arise in which case we will help the puppy find a better home. Additional details are spelled out in our contract which you will be issued upon placing your deposit.
How long have you been breeding?
ShoalCreek was est. in 2014. Click here to read more about us.
Still, have questions?
Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have!